Now, standing behind the current debate in Australia about same gender marriage is another debate about religious freedom.
For example, if homosexual marriage were to become law in Australia - would Christian photographers, bakers, florists, or even staff at a function center hosting a reception, be forced to participate.
There was a conference on Religious Freedom in Australia held a few days ago in Newcastle.
Associate Professor Neil Foster, Newcastle Law School was one of the people behind it.
He’s on the line.
- Freedom of Religion Is Not Taken Seriously In Many Modern Democracies, including Australia.
- We have a Human Rights Commissioner who seems to be doing a good job in this area.
- Religious Freddom has to do with one’s human identity.
- Christianity will have public consequences. Some want to say religion is a private thing… but it won’t stay down.
- What about hiring and firing for christian organisations according to religious convictions, even if they receive public money?
- Why should christians care about religious freedom?