We are going to talk shortly with the Bishop of Tasmania. He has been a leading voice of concern in the whole domestic violence debate…..
They had a special service in the Cathedral down in Hobart…. on Thursday - big deal.
And I am looking forward to having him on the line and asking him some questions.
You may have experienced Domestic Violence…. or you may know someone who has.
It would be good to hear from you.
Here’s a couple of lines from Bishop Harrowers address on Thursday ...
Family is intimacy. Violence destroys.
That the two words: family and violence are joined in Australia today is violation.
Violation of love, trust, honour, dignity, compassion, vulnerability, togetherness, health – a violation of wholeness, integrity, of all that is family.
The idea that family violence and domestic abuse should happen is unthinkable. That, in fact, it does happen is shattering.
- Shattering of family.
- Shattering of that hallowed trust: the family.
- Shattering of intimacy, love, vulnerability and safety.
- Shattering of body, minds and spirits.
- Shattering of families, friendships and society.
- Shattering of our stereotypes and stereotypical responses.