Craig Hamilton, author of Wisdom in Leadership, says getting one’s heart right is the most important think in leadership.
So we are speaking today specifically about the heart of the Pastor.
Craig says when it comes to leading yourself, the hardest person to lead, there are key issues of pride and fear that need to be addressed.
In Wisdom in Leadership he has 14 key questions that we need to ask ourselves.
1. Is my character submitted to Christ?
2. Is my commitment solid?
3. Is my vision clear?
4. Is my passion hot?
5. Is my pride subdued?
6. Are my fears in their place?
7. Is my own personal baggage in check?
8. Is my pace sustainable?
9. Is my zeal to serve developing?
10. Is my heart for God increasing?
11. Is my capacity for loving people deepening?
12. Am I playing to my strengths?
13. Am I still learning?
14. Does my family recognise me?
Subscribe to The Pastor's Heart audio podcast:
RSS feed: http://bit.ly/thepastorsrss
iTunes feed: https://j.mp/thepastorsheart
Catch up on our previous episodes at www.thepastorsheart.net